Batch Starts : 2023-06-21
1.Study various mother boards- non-integrated, semi-integrated, integrated
2. Understand the mother board component
3. Familiarize the different types of expansion slot (ISA, EISA, PCI, AMR,PCI-E).
4. Study the expansion cards namely add-on-cords (audio, graphics, i/o, tv tuner, etc).
5. Study different types of switch mode power supply – AT, ATX, NLX
6. Understand the power requirements for various components in a system
7. Study the different connectors and ports of a PC
8. Understand the various cables in a computer system
9. Familiarize the different types of memory modules.
10. Study various secondary storage- Floppy drive/Disk, Hard disk, Flash drive, CD.
11. Understand the internal structure of HDD, Flash drive, CD drive.
12. Understand the procedure of assembling a computer system.
13. Study the various techniques for formatting/partitioning.
14. Familiarize the hard disk partitioning using different tools.
15. Study the procedure for installing operating system – LINUX & Windows.
16. Familiarize the management of operating system components.
17. Exercise of DOS commands, UNIX, LINUX commands.
18. Study of various printers (Dot Matrix, Ink Jet, Laser, Multi Function).
19. Familiarize the interfacing of printers and installing driver software
20. Understand the interfacing, installation, working of various device such as Scanner, Projector, etc
21. Understand the system Maintenance and trouble shooting.
22. Wi-Fi Concepts/Bluetooth concepts
23. Microprocessor socket type
2.Types of networks
4. To connect and built computers in different ways in a LAN ( Topologies-star, ring, bus, tree)
5. To connect and understand different network devices used in LAN- Hubs, Switches, Routers,Bridges, Repeaters, Gateways, Modems.
6. To study the constructional details of transmission media- co-axial cables, twisted pair cables,optical fiber cable.
7. To create network cable using RJ 45 connectors.
8. Connections of two hubs by creating cross over connections.
9. To install a network interface card ( NIC) and locate mac address of computer
10.To install TC/IP protocol and configure its advance property.
11. To Install network printer.
12. OSI layers